Director of Operations
Education, Achievements, & Organizations
• Introduction to Insurance and Insurance Adjusters
• Construction Lien Law
• Notary Public
• Successful Meetings Magazine Pinnacle Award 1987,
1988-Westin Galleria & Oaks Convention Services Department
• Catering Executives of Houston
• DPS 1 -Dimensions of Professional Selling -Course 1
• American Women's Association – Singapore
• QuickBooks Premier Plus Contractor
• Texas Tech University - Bachelors of Business Administration, Marketing
1982 - 1991
Westin Galleria & Westin Oaks Hotel, Houston, TX -
Convention Services Manager
Ms. Brum was responsible for medical, national and local corporate accounts. Coordinated all aspects of the client's events with an emphasis on customized menu planning, audio visual, room blocks, billing arrangements and the handling of VIP's. Communicated with numerous operational departments within the hotel regarding the needs of the client and event. Developed sales strategies and forecasts to achieve revenue of over $1 million out of total department revenue of $3.4 million. Responsible for month end revenue reports and monthly forecasts.
1992 - 1997
Dodd Pacific Disaster Recovery Inc.,
Kauai HI, Houston, TX - Office Manager
Ms. Brum managed and operated a disaster recovery office post Hurricane lniki. Duties included budgeting, database management, cost containment and payroll. Coordinated and communicated with subcontractors regarding details on active projects related to hurricane damage. Additional duties included travel management, special events coordination, and insurance documentation. Managed the monthly schedules of 10 project managers. Total scope of office operating costs exceeded $1 million. Office was responsible for generating revenues of $2 million.
October 1997 - Present
Managed Response, Inc. - Director of Operations
Responsible for all daily operations and administrative management functions, including: Accounts Receivable and Payable, Payroll, and Human Resources. Duties also include administrative support for the President of Company. Participated in the creation of a new company that began with 4 employees and grew to over 30. Company has averaged $3 million in gross sales receipts since inception.
• Accounting – Responsible for all accounting for company including budgets, expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, bank accounts and account reconciliation. Prepare and file monthly sales tax reports. Perform monthly account reconciliations. Prepare documentation for year-end taxes and annual insurance audits. Negotiate and coordinate annual renewals of General Liability, Property, Auto and Workers Compensation insurance policies. Responsible for Vendor and Subcontractor management including invoicing, payments, insurance and tax documentation. Prepare and manage all client invoicing and collection of funds.
• Office Services – Responsible for document control and records management. Manage all mailing and shipping accounts, maintain and update company mobile telephone contracts and upgrades. Maintain various state and professional licenses with necessary documentation and CE credits. Manage staff travel including rewards programs, meetings and trade shows. Responsible for all office and personnel needs and supply purchases. Assisted and coordinated with attorneys on document collection and preparation for mediation and arbitration cases.
• Facilities – Responsible for maintenance of contracts and leasing for main office and secondary shop/office. Negotiated IT and telephone systems contracts and installation for both locations. Researched and recommended office systems copier and service contract. Responsible for maintenance of office equipment and computers. Liaison with Building property management personnel, attend Fire & Life Safety training. Managed and oversaw the first relocation of office including design and procurement of moving company. Research and investigate alternative office space opportunities and requirements, meet with Leasing Brokers and tour various office spaces for future needs
• Project Manager – Responsible for project procurement, budgeting, invoicing, insurance documentation, cost controls. Coordinated and set up temporary office facilities at various construction and project sites. Prepared budgets and cost report spreadsheets for projects. Met and communicated with owners, bankers, bank inspectors and insurance brokers on various projects with regards to cost reports, budgets, and pay applications. Managed small, residential renovation projects. Prepared and collected lien releases and filed liens.
• Human Resources – Responsible for new employee orientation and documentation, insurance enrollment, payroll, timesheets, PTO and vacation. Negotiate annual health insurance renewals. Manage all payroll tax responsibilities and filings including: 941, 940, TWC, W-2, W-3, 1099, 1096.
QuickBooks Premier Plus Contractor, Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, Serif Page Plus